From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniel P.
Berrange
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:19 PM
To: Free
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Does Xen 3.1 use NAT for virtual network by
default?

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 09:03:09PM +0800, Free wrote:
> I have done it following your direction! Thank you so much!
>
> >From the website I know you are just the honorable developer of
> virt-manager. Could you tell me why I created a virtual machine using
> virt-manager, it does not create a config file of the virtual machine in
> /etc/xen/ as it does in Fedora 6? What should I do if I want to configure
> the virtual network without X-window and virt-manager? You know I can do
> that by directly editing the /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp and other config
file
> of xend in Fedora 6. Thank you.

This is a new feature of Xen since 3.0.4 - the config files for guests are
managed directly by XenD itself, so are no longer kept in /etc/xen .

If you want a command line tool for managing guests, then virt-install can
provision new guests, and  virsh can be used to manage existing guests.

To edit the config of an existing guest, try something like

   virsh dumpxml  [guest name or id] >  config.xml
   vi  config.xml
   virsh define  config.xml

What you're doing here is requesting a dump of the XML doc describing the
guest, then editting it to suit your needs, and finally reloading the XML
config into XenD.  There's some docs on the format
http://libvirt.org/format.html
For simple operations like changing memory settings and VCPU counts you can
also just use the approrpriate virsh command directly.  We're also working
on more virsh commands to allow addition & removal of network & disk devices
without needing to edit XML.

Regards,
Dan.
--
|=- Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston.  +1 978 392 2496
-=|