Re: [Xen-users] xen over quemu OR quemu in Xen domU on a system with HVM-capable CPU

> > But what about HVM-capable systems?
> >

> > Please tell me are there the same restrictions for the
> > hvm-capable systems?
>
> If you load Linux (or such) in HVM mode, you can run kqemu inside that
> Linux. I'm not entirely sure I understand the advantage of this,
> compared to running the OS you want to run in QEMU inside a HVM virtual
> machine in the first place, but yes, it's possible.

Mark and Mats,

Thank for your answers.

My current task is to run as many as possible different operating systems
in the same Xen domain 0 on the same machine (HVM-capable machine).

Better to run them inside domUs, but if this impossible
may be I could run qeumu+kquemu  processes inside dom0
(and operating system on them)?

+------++------++------++------++------++------+
|      ||Win   ||      ||      ||      ||      |
|Linux1||(HVM) ||Solaris| OS1  || OS2  || OS3  |
+------++------++------++------++------++------+
+------++------++------++------++------++------+
|      ||      ||      ||quemu+||qemu+ ||qemu+ |
| domU || domU || domU ||kquemu||kquemu||kquemu|
+------++------++------++------++------++------+
|                                              |
|                Xen domain 0                  |

As far as I know there are problems in running of some
legacy operating systems in domU (HVM).

I have personally faced problem with (unmodified) FreeBSD 5 (and 6)
running in the Xen HVM domU (this problem have discussed here; as
far as I remember the problem is related to real mode loader).

But I need not only FreeBSD but several other legacy operating
systems.

Of course, I'm not sure, that this systems will run in quemu,
but I want to try.

> --
> Mats
> >
> > Thank you!