Re: [Xen-users] xen over quemu OR quemu in Xen domU on a system with HVM-capable CPU

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Igor Chubin wrote:

> > > Actually, I want to run
> > >
> > > quemu + kquemu inside Xen Domain 0 on the HVM-capable system.
> >
> > No, because kqemu is still requiring access to ring 0 protection level
> > (that's the highest privilege level), which is still not available to
> > anything other than the hypvervisor itself - you can get a "different"
> > ring 0 for guest domains, but that's not in Dom0.
>
> So I can run kquemu inside domU but not in dom0?
> Right?

In a HVM domU, yes.  It should work in principle...

> I can get different ring 0 for domUs,
> and this gives me possibilty to run kquemu inside domUs?

Yes, but the performance might not be great, and I doubt anyone has ever
tested that this works!

I guess the other thing to consider is whether you'd be better off running
something like VMware server, if the freely available solutions don't fit
your needs?

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.