Re: [Xen-users] rhel5 - guest installation doesnt find the Drive..

Hi,

Thank you for all the information.  I can't really make out what's going
on :-(

Are you using SELinux?  Does this happen if you choose "sda" instead of xvda
as the virtual device name, for instance?

You're using RHEL5 as a host, right?  Are you using the default Xen packages
provided with that distro?

Cheers,
Mark

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, poncho valdes wrote:
> Hi xen users!.
> well im really confused.
>
>  I have installed xen in rhel5.  actually i followed
> this Tutorial
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC6
> <-- thats for Fedora.
>
> I install the rhel5 VM via NFS, then i especify the
> image file (disk path) where be located
> (/var/lib/xen/images/), then..  the xenVM took me to
> the anaconda installer rhel5, but in the step of doing
> the partition says that i dont have any  Drive. Error
> An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on
> which to create new file systems. please check your
> hardware for the cause of this problem.
>  So i dont know why my installer of rhel5 doesnt find
> the image drive that XEN created...
>

> ** my cpu doesnt support fully-virt cuz in the cpuinfo
> ddidnt show the vmx flag...
> ** but i dont know if my rhel5 comes with the fully or
> para.
> ** Where can i get the pv-tools if this is the case to
> change it.
> #uname -r
> 2.6.18-8.el5xen
>

> + Added screenshots + xend.log, xend-debug.log
>

> well thanks in advance i really need your help guys...
>
> thanks alot from mÃxico.

> Correo Yahoo!
> Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam Âgratis!
> RegÃstrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!