Re: [Xen-users] cannot use vncviewer and VMM graphics console to access HVM guest on RHES 5

Hmm, I obviously didn't read your question properly before I replied...

In addition to my previous suggestions (and sorry if it seems an obvious question to ask), if you are connecting to a remote Xen host, have you made sure the firewall isn't getting in the way?

Martin

Glen Deem wrote:
Hi all,

I've created an HVM guest under RHES 5 (Xen 3.0.3) using "xm create"
but I cannot access it with vncviewer.

The Virtual Machine Manager also informs about graphics console unavailability.

What am I doing wrong, please?

I do
vncviewer 123.456.789.123:4,
where 4 is the guest id.

This is the xm config file is:

name = "hvmGuest"
builder = "hvm"
memory = "500"
disk = [ 'file:/var/lib/red-hat.img,hda,w', ]
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:34:3b:ba, bridge=xenbr0', ]
device_model = "/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
vnc=1
vncunused=1
apic=1