RE: [Xen-users] RHEL 4.5 and 5.0 question.

  • To: <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ross S. W. Walker" <rwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:17:26 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 07:15:58 -0700

I am under the impression that CentOS 4 and 5 are built from the
Advanced Server sources, so there should be no limit on the # of
guests you can create with them.

http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=31

If deploying in a production environment I recommend using the Xen
that ships with CentOS 5 as it is tuned for that particular kernel
and environment, also if/when they port 3.1 over, maybe in 5.1 or
5.2 the upgrade should be a seamless as a yum update.

-Ross