[Xen-users] Removing a cd from a domu

Hi,

I've been looking for a way to remove a cd from a domu without shutting it
down, editing the cfg file then bringing it back up again.  googling mentions a
mysterious ctrl-alt-2 option that doesn't work on my system at all (either via
vnc or terminal services - I even for a laugh tried it on the main console..)
and xm has some commands that look like they can do the job but don't.

eg:
# xm block-list kira --long

(768
   ((backend-id 0)
       (virtual-device 768)
       (device-type disk)
       (state 1)
       (backend /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/3/768)
   )
)
(5632
   ((backend-id 0)
       (virtual-device 5632)
       (device-type cdrom)
       (state 1)
       (backend /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/3/5632)
   )
)

OK.  I need to remove device 5632:

# xm block-detach kira 5632
# xm block-list kira --long

(768
   ((backend-id 0)
       (virtual-device 768)
       (device-type disk)
       (state 1)
       (backend /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/3/768)
   )
)
(5632
   ((backend-id 0)
       (virtual-device 5632)
       (device-type cdrom)
       (state 1)
       (backend /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/3/5632)
   )
)

.. that didn't work - it's still there!

So I'm back to the old way of rebooting everyting.  I'd love to find a solution
to this - at present it's impossible to install anything that is larger than
one CD.

Tony