[Xen-users] Consistency of netfront/netback and the rest of the drivers?

Dear All,

I have a few users who would like to run their more-or-less own patched, configured and compiled kernels in their domU. This includes for example
a grsec-patched kernel which was found for the kernel supplied with 3.0.2.

I would like to know if the front and back drivers' are consistent back
from 3.0.2 up to 3.1.0, allowing me to run their domU with their own
kernels with paravirtualization, or do I have to re-patch and recompile
their kernels up to the version where my dom0 is, or do I have to go HVM
with these.

Regards,
Zoltan HERPAI