Re: [Xen-users] Best way to convert pv to hvm?

Didier Trosset wrote:
I've to admit I never tried, but I'd guess it is possible to use both fdisk and mkfs on /dev/vg/lv. Within dom0, I can use fdisk -l to look at the partition table.

fdisk even works on files...  The only wrinkle is the requirement to tell
it how many cylinders there are.

mkfs doesn't unfortunately - it needs a real disk device.

Tony