Re: [Xen-users] How to compile a 32bit kernel on 64bit Dom0

Holger schrieb:
Hi there,

I recently switched to Gentoo 2007.0 + Xen3.1.0 in 64bit. Everything works like a charm, I even can install WindowsXP with HVM. BUT: I have some old DomUs and want to start them, but I guess the problem is, that these are 32bit domU and the kernel I'm trying these domUs to start with, is 64bit. Does anyone know, how to compile a 32bit kernel on my 64bit system!? normaly I do make menuconfig, then make && make modules_install. Is there any option I can add to make?

Greetz Age_M

Hi again,

Looks like this issue was no 32bit / 64bit question. The kernel-panic was caused by 'cpufreq' which I thought was disabled. Now I have a 32bit domU running with a 64bit kernel. Looks like there is no problem :-D

Greetz Age_M