Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI for storage

Hi Jeff,

We're using #2, and it's working well. For the iSCSI initiator, we're using Open-iSCSI which is built into CentOS 5.

--John

Jeff Williams wrote:
Hi,

How are people using iSCSI for centralised storage for Xen DomU's? I can
see quite a few options:

1) Mount iSCSI LUN on Dom0 and store DomU disk images on it
2) Connect to the iSCSI LUN on Dom0 and use LVM to divide it up into
partitions for DomU's
3) Make an iSCSI lun for each DomU and connect to them in Dom0 making
the devices available to DomU's
4) Make an iSCSI lun for each DomU and get the DomU's to connect on boot
(somhow)

I'm leaning towards 1 or 2 just for ease of setup.

Regards,
Jeff