Re: [Xen-users] Problem connecting to console

Marcel Schroers wrote:

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure, but maybe you have the same problem I had a cupple of days ago.
Here's the solution which actually worked fine for me.
Hope it will help you also...
Hi Marcel,

This did help! Ubuntu has no /etc/inittab, so it took me a while to figure it out. Ubuntu uses files in /etc/event.d to spawn ttys. There were entries for tty[2-6], but none for tty[0-1] :-O. I don't know why... I had to make a copy of /etc/event.d/tty2, name it tty0, and change all occurrences of tty2 to tty0. A reboot later, I had a console. Thanks so much!

Paul