[Xen-users] Best Practices/General Advice?

Hi all,

I am experimenting with Xen, trying to determine if I can move some or all of my dedicated boxes to a single Xen box. As I lurk on the mailing list, I am seeing issues come up, for example disk write speed.

I am hoping to find a document, web site, or resource that describes best practices, pitfalls, and reasoning behind doing things a certain way. The FAQ and Wiki describe *how* to do things, not *why*. Some questions that immediately come to mind are:

   * Host OS considerations.  Lots of people seem to be using CentOS; why?
   * Disk and Network throughput.  What to expect compared to real servers
   * Graphical environments--how best to host servers that are used as
     desktop environments
   * How to allocate CPUs

This is not a comprehensive list, but examples of the kind of information I am looking for. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Paul