RE: Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Poor disk io performance in domUs

Actually, if you expect IOMMU to solve the problem, you can do the same
(with slightly less security, admittedly) in Para-virtual domains today
- since IOMMU can only translate and protect on a per-device level, so
you need to have one device per domain.

So if you have a disk-controller with disk for each domain, you could do
that today. Same with network controllers [there are even some network
controllers which are "multihead", meaning that they present themselves
as multiple individual devices, even though it all goes onto a single
network connection].

The other point that immediately comes to mind here is that the Dom0
should definitely have it's own CPU if you're doing a lot of
disk/network IO through it.

--
Mats