RE: [xen-users] winxp et Intel Mothercard driver et slow

  • To: "ko0nz" <yesiko0nz@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:56:07 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:55:16 -0700

Actually, from what I can tell, the graphics should be pretty fast as
it's just a shared memory buffer in the normal computer memory. The
update frequency in QEMU may not be fast, but that's because it's
artificially rate-limited to 30Hz update frequency.

If it's actually slow at drawing to the screen (rather than updating
what you actually SEE on the SDL/VNC window), then it's most likely
because of something else being wrong in your configuration of the
entire system (the most obvious one being that Dom0 is busy with
something else).

I don't see anything wrong in your config. However, how much memory are
you leaving for Dom0 - if it's memory limited, then it may slow things
down for that reason.

--
Mats