Re: [Xen-users] Device 0(vif) could not be connected (3 eth interfaces)

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:34:04PM -0400, paul van allsburg wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 21:05 -0400, paul van allsburg wrote:
> >
> I'm going on the assumption that the default config for xen in fedora7
> is the network-bridge/vif-bridge method.  Then following the notes in
True: grep network /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp|grep -v '^#'
(network-script network-bridge)

> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-02/msg00030.html
> when xend starts up, it runs the network-bridge script, which:
> - creates a new bridge named "xenbr0"
> - "real" ethernet interface eth0 is brought down
> - the IP and MAC addresses of eth0 are copied to
>   virtual network interface veth0
> - real interface eth0 is renamed "peth0"
> - virtual interface veth0 is renamed "eth0"
> - peth0 and vif0.0 are attached to bridge xenbr0
> - the bridge, peth0, eth0 and vif0.0 are brought up
>
> That being the case then the bridge on my machine is virbr0, not xenbr0. Why
> did f7 change it?
Also did stumble on this yesterday after upgrading fc6 to fc7.
Sounds more generic: nowaday there is also KVM and other virtualization-
stuff so xenbr0 sounds limited, thats my guess.

My way around (had to get my evlution-domU up asap) was to manually create
xenbr0 again, enslaving the ethernet-interface and i was done.
Will have a look on the redhat-ways to manage xen later, or maybe just
use my way and will have a look on their way around fedora 8 :)

Christian