RE: [Xen-users] Live Migration with different hardware

Yes, if there's no test, then it's not going to work.

[snip long explanation of why it doesn't work]

> > Yes, as long as you don't use "pci-passtrhough" to make a
> PCI card (e.g.
> > network card) available directly to the domain, the guest
> DOESN'T KNOW
> > what the REAL network card is [this makes the domain a
> driver domain,
> > and driver domains aren't allowed to be migrated anyways -
> that would be
> > TERRIBLY hard to implement, as there's no real good way to
> transfer the
> > internal state of the hardware owned on one domain to the next one].
>
> Domains with PCI access shouldn't be migrated or
> saved/restored.  I think the
> tools might allow this at the moment, but that's a bug and
> should be fixed
> (note to self: consider fixing this bug!)

That would be a good bug to fix... And I thought that I said that this
type of domain can't be migrated.

I don't think it's very hard to discover if this domain has a PCI device
attached or not - but I haven't looked at it...

--
Mats