Re: [Xen-users] Windows XP install doesn't complete after reboot

Hi Pat,  (sorry for the format issue on the last post)

I was kicking myself with the same problem until 15 minutes ago.  I'm
assuming you're using the Virtual &nbspMachine Manager in Red Hat?  If so,
the configurations for your VM are actually stored in a database &nbsp with
the newer versions of Xen.  You need to get in there and make sure the
configuration retains &nbsp an entry for your cd drive or ISO in this case.

1.  At the prompt, type "virsh dumpxml [vm name] >diskfile.xml"
      (subsitute your domain / virtual machine's name for [vm name])
2.  Edit the xml file, I used "vi"
      "vi diskfile.xml"
3.  Add this to the config

     <disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <source file='/srv/xen/foo.iso'/>
      <target dev='hdc'/>
      <readonly/>
    </disk>

    Replace /srv/xen/food.iso with your own path to your iso

4.  Be sure to boot off the emulated cdrom (aka your iso), by checking
up-top that it says
     <boot dev='cdrom'/>
5.  save the config (in "vi"  it's ":w"  then ":q")
6.  Put the new config back in the database
     "virsh define diskfile.xml"
7.  Start your vm

Fingers crossed, you should do your install, reboot and be back into setup.

Let me know if this works.  I feel your pain.