[Xen-users] Re: Is Anybody Running Xen in Production Environment

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 08:14:44AM -0700, Matias wrote:
> Is anybody running Xen in a production environment?

Yep, responsible for serving about 80 million requests per day.

> If so what is maintenance like?  Are you constantly
> having to keep a careful watch?  Does it crash
> often?  Run out of memory? OR is has it been
> a very blissful experience and your always confident
> that it's up and running.

I've been quite impressed -- it's never really been a hassle.  Nagios keeps
an eye on things, and we're running heartbeat on redundant machines to make
sure that even if something goes pop we're still covered.  Even with all
that, I can't think of a production failure (even non-customer-impacting)
that has definitely been Xen's fault.

- Matt

--
Software engineering: that part of computer science which is too difficult
for the computer scientist.