Re: [Xen-users] Trouble mounting domU logical volumes

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Liam Kirsher <liamk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 01:32:07 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 01:30:21 -0700

Well, I answered my own question.  I tested it out with a fresh install,
and during the installation process named the VolGroup and LogVolumes
something different from the default.  That was the key.

So, I wanted to rename it. First problem was that vgrename kept giving
me "permission denied" until I changed the selinux policy.
The second problem, was that after changing the VolGroup name the domU
kernel wouldn't boot. I could mount the VolGroup from dom0 fine. It
turned out the VolGroup name in /dev was still the old one.  That's as
far as I got.

--
Liam Kirsher
PGP: http://liam.numenet.com/pgp/