Re: [Xen-users] Backup solution

  • To: xen-users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:52:16 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 02:50:25 -0700

Xin Chen wrote:
> but LVM snapshot still has risk, must be survived from a  power failture.
> correct me if i am wrong...
> what I do now is shutdown, copy, start....

Correct.
However, for production system, you'd generally design a system that
MUST be able to survive a power failure/hard reboot anyway. This means
activating archive log (for Oracle), using Innodb (MySQL), using
journaling filesystem, etc. So this shouldn't be an issue.

Reading Jordi's post I assume his priority was how to keep the VM during
backups, so LVM snapshot should be a feasible solution.

Regards,

Fajar