[Xen-users] virtman breaks after installing XEN 3.1 on SELS 10.1

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Rob Aronson" <riaronson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:15:47 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:13:42 -0700

I have an installation of 32bit SLES 10.1 on 2 servers in my lab that I just rebuilt. I applied the files from xen-3.1.0-install-x86_32.tgz and broke all the virtman functions. The errors I got indicate some missing python classes, specifically xen.install. I'm not sure why. This is what I get when I try to run virtman from the command line. If I try to run it from yast i get nothing.
xenhost1:~ # virt-manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt- manager.py", line 101, in ?
    from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 30, in ?
    from virtManager.details import vmmDetails
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 28, in ?
    import xen.install
ImportError: No module named install

If I go into my python interpreter and import xen I have no error, however I can't import xen.install
xenhost1:~ # python
Python 2.4.2 (#1, Apr 13 2007, 15:45:45)
[GCC 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)] on linux2
>>> import xen.install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named install

help> modules xen

Here is a list of matching modules.  Enter any module name to get more help. Clearly the xen.install class or function is defined and yet it throws an errow if I try to import it directly without the entire module.

xen (package)
xen.lowlevel (package)
xen.lowlevel.acm
xen.lowlevel.ptsname
xen.lowlevel.xc
xen.lowlevel.xs
xen.sv.CreateDomain
xen.sv.DomInfo
xen.sv.GenTabbed
xen.sv.HTMLBase
xen.sv.Main
xen.sv.NodeInfo
xen.sv.RestoreDomain
xen.sv.Wizard
xen.sv (package)
xen.sv.util
xen.util.Brctl - Bridge control utilities.
xen.util.SSHTransport - XML-RPC SSH transport.
xen.util (package)
xen.util.asserts
xen.util.auxbin
xen.util.blkif
xen.util.bugtool
xen.util.diagnose
xen.util.dictio
xen.util.ip
xen.util.mac
xen.util.mkdir
xen.util.pci
xen.util.security
xen.util.xmlrpcclient
xen.util.xmlrpclib2 - An enhanced XML-RPC client/server interface for Python.
xen.util.xpopen - Spawn a command with pipes to its stdin, stdout, and optionally stderr.
xen.web.SrvBase
xen.web.SrvDir
xen.web (package)
xen.web.connection
xen.web.http
xen.web.httpserver
xen.web.protocol
xen.web.resource
xen.web.static
xen.web.tcp
xen.web.unix
xen.xend.Args
xen.xend.PrettyPrint - General pretty-printer, including support for SXP.
xen.xend.Vifctl - Xend interface to networking control scripts.
xen.xend.XendAPI
xen.xend.XendAPIConstants
xen.xend.XendAPIStore - This is a place to put instances of XenAPI objects,
xen.xend.XendAPIVersion
xen.xend.XendAuthSessions
xen.xend.XendBase - Base class for all XenAPI classes
xen.xend.XendBootloader
xen.xend.XendCheckpoint
xen.xend.XendClient
xen.xend.XendConfig
xen.xend.XendConstants
xen.xend.XendDevices
xen.xend.XendDmesg - Get dmesg output for this node.
xen.xend.XendDomain - Handler for domain operations.
xen.xend.XendDomainInfo - Representation of a single domain.
xen.xend.XendError
xen.xend.XendLocalStorageRepo
xen.xend.XendLogging
xen.xend.XendMonitor
xen.xend.XendNetwork
xen.xend.XendNode
xen.xend.XendOptions - Xend root class.
xen.xend.XendPBD
xen.xend.XendPIF
xen.xend.XendPIFMetrics
xen.xend.XendProtocol
xen.xend.XendQCoWStorageRepo
xen.xend.XendStateStore
xen.xend.XendStorageRepository
xen.xend.XendTask
xen.xend.XendTaskManager - Task Manager for Xen API asynchronous tasks.
xen.xend.XendVDI
xen.xend.XendVMMetrics
xen.xend.XendVnet - Handler for vnet operations.
xen.xend (package)
xen.xend.arch
xen.xend.balloon
xen.xend.encode - Encoding for arguments to HTTP calls.
xen.xend.image
xen.xend.osdep
xen.xend.server.BlktapController
xen.xend.server.ConsoleController
xen.xend.server.DevController
xen.xend.server.SSLXMLRPCServer - HTTPS wrapper for an XML-RPC server interface.  Requires PyOpenSSL (Debian
xen.xend.server.SrvDaemon
xen.xend.server.SrvDmesg
xen.xend.server.SrvDomain
xen.xend.server.SrvDomainDir
xen.xend.server.SrvNode
xen.xend.server.SrvRoot
xen.xend.server.SrvServer - Example xend HTTP
xen.xend.server.SrvVnetDir
xen.xend.server.SrvXendLog
xen.xend.server.XMLRPCServer
xen.xend.server (package)
xen.xend.server.blkif
xen.xend.server.iopif
xen.xend.server.irqif
xen.xend.server.netif - Support for virtual network interfaces.
xen.xend.server.params
xen.xend.server.pciif
xen.xend.server.pciquirk
xen.xend.server.relocate
xen.xend.server.tests (package)
xen.xend.server.tests.test_controllers
xen.xend.server.tpmif - Support for virtual TPM interfaces.
xen.xend.server.usbif - Support for virtual USB hubs.
xen.xend.server.vfbif
xen.xend.sxp - Input-driven parsing for s-_expression_ (sxp) format.
xen.xend.tests (package)
xen.xend.tests.test_XendConfig
xen.xend.tests.test_sxp
xen.xend.tests.test_uuid
xen.xend.uuid - Universal Unique Identifiers (UUIDs).  By default, UUIDs generated here are
xen.xend.xenstore (package)
xen.xend.xenstore.tests (package)
xen.xend.xenstore.tests.stress_xs
xen.xend.xenstore.xstransact
xen.xend.xenstore.xsutil
xen.xend.xenstore.xswatch
xen.xm.XenAPI
xen.xm (package)
xen.xm.addlabel - Labeling a domain configuration file or a resource.
xen.xm.cfgbootpolicy - Configuring a security policy into the boot configuration
xen.xm.console
xen.xm.create - Domain creation.
xen.xm.dry-run - Tests the security settings for a domain and its resources.
xen.xm.dumppolicy - Display currently enforced policy (low-level hypervisor representation).
xen.xm.getlabel - Show the label for a domain or resoruce.
xen.xm.help - Variable definition and help support for Python defconfig files.
xen.xm.labels - Listing available labels for a policy.
xen.xm.loadpolicy - Loading a compiled binary policy into the hypervisor.
xen.xm.main - Grand unified management application for Xen.
xen.xm.makepolicy - Compiling a XML source policy file into mapping and binary versions.
xen.xm.migrate - Domain migration.
xen.xm.new
xen.xm.opts - Object-oriented command-line option support.
xen.xm.resources - List the resource label information from the global resource label file
xen.xm.rmlabel - Remove a label from a domain configuration file or a resoruce.
xen.xm.shutdown - Domain shutdown.
xen.xm.tests (package)
xen.xm.tests.test_create
xen.xm.xenapi_create - Domain creation using new XenAPI
xen.install.FullVirtGuest
xen.install.ParaVirtGuest
xen.install.VMActions
xen.install.VMDefaults
xen.install.VMLinux
xen.install.VMNetWare
xen.install.VMRedHat
xen.install.VMSUSE
xen.install.VMWindows
xen.install.XenGuest
xen.install (package)
xen.install.caps
xen.install.cli
xen.install.console
xen.install.disks
xen.install.exceptions
xen.install.gui (package)
xen.install.gui.chooser
xen.install.gui.disk_widgets
xen.install.gui.gjob
xen.install.gui.gui
xen.install.gui.tree_view
xen.install.job
xen.install.log
xen.install.mount
xen.install.msg
xen.install.nics
xen.install.options
xen.install.paths
xen.install.phys_disks
xen.install.util
xen.install.xend
xen.xend.FlatDeviceTree
xen.xend.XendRoot - Xend root class.

This is what I get on 3.04
Last login: Sun Jul 15 10:58:21 2007
xenhost2:~ # python
Python 2.4.2 (#1, Apr 13 2007, 15:45:45)
[GCC 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)] on linux2
>>> import xen.install

Any ideas anyone?

--
Rob Aronson
Storage, Virtualization and Orchestration Practice Manager, Novacoast