Re: [Xen-users] Re: network-bridge fails leaving tmpbridge around

Weismueller, Jonas wrote:
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

But given the place in the network-bridge scrpit where you say it is failing,
the tmpbridge device has not been brought up yet, so I've no clue how it
got into that state.

Dan.
I disabled libvirtd in the runlevel to get rid of the virbr0 device and rebooted. The result is shown in the *.before files.
I changed the lines in op_start as you said:
op_start () {
#    ip link set ${netdev} name ${pdev}
#    ip link set ${tdev} name ${bridge}
    ip link set ${netdev} name ${pdev}
    ip link set ${tdev} link down
    ip link set ${tdev} name ${bridge}

A /etc/init.d/xend start results in the *.after files.

Sorry for the late note on this thread, I just wanted to add it to this thread in case anyone else was in the same situation.

I found my problem with the tmpbridge - any interface aliases on eth0 i.e. eth0:1 eth0:2 etc.

Even though I changed these to ONBOOT=no, they came up and seemed to block the peth-ization of eth0. After hiding the ifcfg-eth0:* scripts in a sub directory and rebooting, the bridge and peth device came up.

Also, I had tried rm'ing the state files as suggested in a previous email but that did not work.