[Xen-users] Re: problem with booting domU via NFS root

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 04:09:27PM -0400, ardy mardy wrote:
However, even by having the above options set, I still do n't have a away to set CONFIG_ROOT_NFS!
This is my view of options in File Systems ->  Network File Systems:
x x              <M> NFS file system support

How do you expect to get ROOT NFS working if your NFS support is only a module and must be loaded from the root filesystem which you want to have via NFS? ;-) To get ROOT NFS working you need everything for this situation static in the kernel. So you have to say <*> (yes) for âNFS file system supportâ. Then you should get the new option for CONFIG_ROOT_NFS.

Your network drivers must be in the kernel as well including IP support.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@xxxxxx |