Re: [Xen-users] Verification of CPU

Quoting Age_M <Age_M@xxxxxx>:

Hello Jon,

as this is an AM2-Socket CPU (check link below) it _should_ support the
AMD-V / Pacifica / SVM feature. But beware to choose the right
motherboard too! I for example bought a "low-cost" Gigabyte motherboard
and there the SVM feature was disabled and hidden in the BIOS. Another
guy reported the same problem with a different motherboard, also a
Gigabyte! So without modifying the bios file we haven't been able to
use the SVM feature. Just keep that in mind and check if your desired
motherboard supports this feature too!

http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADX6000IAA6CZ

Uff, thanks Age, I have always liked Gigabyte and probably would have gone that way if not for your reply.

Jon