Re: [Xen-users] swap size on dom0

Yes that sound a lot too much. 1st point i would make is to pass dom0_mem=xxxxx
where xxxxx is number of kilobytes to assign to dom0 (not including domU's) 128
megabytes should be more than enough (xxxxx=128000). 2nd point as a general
rule i find its then good to use same amount of swap space as i have ram in
that case would be 128 megabytes. I have heard in the past it used to be
suggested 2x ram for swap but that much is not often needed. In general a dom0
should not require so much ram because it doesn't as a rule do anything but
serve domU's. 128 megabytes of each should be plenty.

Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
I have installed Xen on top of an Ubuntu Feisty Server Edition.
The system has 4Gig of RAM.  Feisty by default sets up a
 swap partition 2x~3x times the size of the RAM,
which in this case ended up being nearly 10G.

Is this much swap space necessary for running dom0?

TIA,
Tomoki Taniguchi