Re: [Xen-users] How are CPU's presented to DomU's?

Hello,

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, James Harper wrote:

We have some Windows HVM domains, and I am going to install some
software that is licensed by the processor. The physical machine has 2 x
Dual core processors, so in theory I should be able to give the virtual
machine access to 1 physical processors worth of CPU (eg 2 cores) and
only use a single processor license (Microsoft allows this on a physical
dual core processor), but I'm curious as to how the processors show up
in a DomU, whether they will be seen a 2 single cores or 1 dual core...

You can limit how many cores which will show up in /proc/cpuinfo with the "vcpus" parameter in the domU configuration file.

/Jonas