Re: [Xen-users] blade servers

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 03:44 +0900, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:

> so could xen be installed on such hardware?

Yes, the OS can't tell the difference, it looks like a normal machine,
which is somewhat the point.

> where are the network interfaces located?
> on the blades or the encloser?

This is dependent on the hardware vendor, but to the machine, won't
matter (see above).  IBM xSeries Bladecenters (I can personally very
strongly recommend these) actually have Cisco switch modules that plug
in in the back and look like normal gig switches.  Internally, you're
given two ethN devices on the linux host -- the ethernet cards are on
the blades themselves.

John

--
John Madden