Von: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Yongjun Jeon
Gesendet: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:08 PM
An: Hinrich Aue
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Xen-users] Xen networking problem - OK on 3.0.2, broken on 3.0.4

I just confirmed that my methods work with Xen 3.0.2, and I'm not exactly
sure why the same methods wouldn't work with Xen 3.0.4, which is the
version I need to be looking at.

By "working", I mean that the "RUNNING" flag appears on the guest domain's
vif when I run ifconfig and that the private networking between the host
and the guests works.

I'll be investigating more into this issue; meanwhile, any input would be
appreciated.

Thx,
Jun

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Yongjun Jeon wrote:

> Yes, I am using the BroadCom driver and not the kernel driver, and the
driver
> is called 'tg3', as it states in the README file:
>
>                           Installation Notes
>                        Broadcom tg3 Linux Driver
>                               Version 3.71b
>                                12/15/2006 ...
>
> I downloaded this from the BroadCom website
> http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_desktop.php.
> I believe the link you previously gave me (bnx2) is for
BCM5706/BCM5708/5709,

(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-12/msg00017.html)
>> suggests that a tg3 based machine (tg3 is the name of the BroadCom
driver)
>> works out of the box with no hassle.
>>
>> Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thx,
>> Jun
>>
>> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Hinrich Aue wrote:
>>
>>> When you use broadcom network cards, try the Broadcom drivers instead of
>> the
>>> linux kernel driver.
>>>
>>> http://www.broadcom.com/docs/driver_download/NXII/linux-1.5.10c.zip
>>>
>>> When you have other network cards, look at this:
>>>
>>> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-05/msg00817.html
>>>
>>> or so. You have to make ethtool -K nicX tx off
>>> while nicX is your network adapter or bridge.
>>>
>>> Google for that a little more. You can adjust you scripts to do that
>>> automatically on startup.
>>>
>>> Hinrich
>>>

>>> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----

(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-09/msg00925.html)