Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1 (pae-mode) causing domU's to crash if RAM above about 500-800MB is used

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Philippe Vanhaesendonck" <xen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:25:02 +0200 (CEST)
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:22:54 -0700

Hi Ralph,

If you look in the archives, I have reported exactly the same problem a
week or two ago...
(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-07/msg00551.html
for reference)

I haven't got any reaction on it, except a couple people e-mailing
privately to tell me they had the same problem ;)

Although this does not help you at all, I am somewhat happy that it is not
an isolated case...

On the other hand, looking at your lspci, it seems that we are sharing the
same kind of hardware (same chipset and 3ware card -- mine is a 9550SX )

Ralph Passgang said:
> Hello,
>
> after setting up quite a lot of xen server without any issue in the past
> few
> month, now I've got serious trouble getting xen 3.1 running stable on new
> server hardware. In my humble opinion it's related to PAE (once again).

<Snip>

--
Philippe