Re: [Xen-users] blade servers

Hi Tomoki,

I evaluated an ibm bladecenter 8878 with hs21 and hs20 blades in it from Oct of last year to february of this year.

If you are interested, talk to the specific vendors. Pay attention to how they answer your questions and listen to you to give you a sense of how good they are in supporting you.

We went through no end of headache getting the BCM5708S ethernet drivers for the chassis to work, getting the right power cables for our datacenter and I'll never order anything from them again. To give you an example, we were planning on using the 13 u chassis to save the space of 14 u of dell 860's. But the ibm 8878 chassis has power cables that are massive 3awt and require 220v power. The savings of density for the chassis was lost in extranous copper cables.

If you contact a sales rep from dell, or hp or ibm, I'm sure they will be happy to chew your ear off about functionality, and ibm is a xensource partner.

They may even let you try one in your datacenter or in one of their labs if you are sweet enough in how you approach them.

Mike