Re: [Xen-users] Compiling Xen with a custom kernel

Ubuntu has a 2.6.22 xen kernel. I'm currently using it on Gentoo with no troubles.

On Aug 4, 2007, at 5:48 PM, Tony Hoyle wrote:

Aaron Siegel wrote:
Hello
I would like to compile Xen (3.1) and patch an existing kernel source tree. I am running OpenSUSE 10.2 with the 2.6.22 kernel. I have made a couple of patches to my current source tree and would like to use it when I compile in the Xen support. I have read the README and it is still a little unclear on how I can accomplish reusing my current soures tree. I have tried make dist and it downloads the 2.6.18 kernel, the same version used by the distribution.
It's extremely nontrivial to upgrade a kernel to xen since no maintained patch exists (as far as I know). If your distro supports a xen 2.6.22 then you may be able to extract that.

The latest I've ever seen is 2.6.21 in the fedora SRPMs - you may be able to get that to work.

Tony