Re: [Xen-users] IP blocking

  • To: shacky <shacky83@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:54:14 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:51:34 -0700

shacky wrote:
Hi.

How I can assing a given IP address to a given domU and force the user
of that domU to use that IP address and not all other?
I don't want the user to change the IP address of his virtual machine
in /etc/network/interfaces with one ore more IP addresses which are
not assigned to him.
In addition I don't want the user to create more virtual interface
(eth0:x) than he is allowed to use (I allow each domU to have only two
IP addresses).
This isn't really a Xen issue: it's a "someone has root on a machine in my cluster" issue.

You can try to outsmart them by upstream switch programming, firewall setups, local configurations, etc. Or you can save trying to implement that in complex new configurations and monitor the "xm list -l" XML based output for forbidden configurations, and slap down any domain you catch misbehaving this way.

At least, that's how *I'd* do it....