RE: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain

Hello,

        The way with the simulated linux partition exists till now only in
my head :-)
        But IMHO could be only used in the case windows is installed on
second physical disk, not only on some partition on the same physical disk.
        I never did it directly by myself, but, if, for example linux is
installed on /dev/sda and windows on /dev/sdb on some partition /dev/sdbx,
then I think, You can create a file, install or dd Your boot directory with
Grub there, possibly copy or initialize somehow the first 512 bytes of the
file with the MBR and then You could have just file image with the grub and
boot possibility, where You can select boot into windows (or other system
installed on some other disk). I think it should be possible, it is very
similar to create a boot floppy with grub installed on it.
        I did not have time to try it itself, in the end I gave it up - I
did not have some computer, where windows would been installed on the second
physical disk...
        The configuration in SXP could then look like

disk = [ 'file:/some_dir/grub_boot_image.img,hda,r', 'phy:/dev/sdb,hdb,w' ]

        With best regards

                Artur