Re: [xen-users] etch sata and xen 2.8.16

Morning koonz,

ko0nz schrieb:
my aim is definively to use xen 3.1 with the kernel 2.6.21.

as Xen 3.1 comes with kernel 2.6.18 and official xen patched only apply to this kernel, I guess it would be hard for you, to make 2.6.21 work.

If you really want to use a kernel >2.6.18 you could try a fedora kernel 2.6.20. I am not sure but, I think I have read that SuSE-Linux tries to use 2.6.21!?!? Try to google and let us know :-D

Now the thing I don't understand:
Your computer has _one_ SATA-Controller with two or more connectors.
The first SATA disk works, the second doesn't? Thats wierd, isn't it?
How do you know that it's not working?

My idea is, that maybe your udev just doesn't create the device node /dev/sdb? Maybe you don't have to switch to another kernel and just have to add this device node yourself!?

Greetz Age_M