Re: [Xen-users] Fedora, SuSE, Gentoo, Slackware as domU

  • To: "Lorenzo Milesi" <lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: shacky <shacky83@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:18:22 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:18:48 -0700

> Gentoo can be easily installed using the standard method, as it's mostly
> done via chroot.

I've never had any experience with Gentoo... :-(

> For OpenSUSE I had to recreate the kernel install package using DomU
> modules for initrd, but I've lost the steps :(

How did you do the original installation? I tried to install Opensuse
with the HVM emulation; it installs but it doesn't pass the reboot
after the file installation... :-(

> Never had experience for Slack and Mandriva.

Haven't you any idea? In particular I extremely need to install Fedora
Core 7 and Centos 5...

> You can find pre-packaged images at http://jailtime.org/

I know that site, but it doesn't provide the images for the
distributions I need... :-(

> Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx

Sono italiano anch'io, posso scriverti una e-mail in privato, così
possiamo discutere in italiano? Grazie, ciao! :-)