[Xen-users] mouse movements remain confined to guest window

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: My Email <turtlevelo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:21:55 -0700

Good'day,

I've built a system with Fedora Core 6 64-bit and XEN
[uname -r = 2.6.20-1.2999.fc6xen] with GNOME desktop.
On Domain #1 I've installed a W2000 system on a 4GB
file image.

After the guest system is booted the behaviour of the
mouse pointer is according to expectations,
movement-wise, in the sense that it moves all over the
extent of the GNOME desktop area with no restrictions
as long as I do not click on any point of the guest
system window area.

As soon as I do click anywhere on the W2000 window,
the mouse movements from that moment on stay confined
to the guest window. That means that I can not use the
mouse on any other part of the GNOME desktop.

Once the guest system has been shutdown the mouse
pointer stay fixed at one position of the GNOME
desktop area and no combination of keyboard keys that
I've tried of managed to get me back the control over
the mouse.

If at this point I re-boot the guest system, two mouse
pointers appear for a short moment neither one of
which follows the mouse movements.
Pressing down both <L-CTRL>+<L-ALT> eventually
unfreezes the guest system mouse pointer that now
functions again but only within the boundaries of the
guest window area.
As before, attempting to move the mouse pointer beyond
those boundaries does not get the GNOME mouse pointer
to move or appear.

Does anybody know what's wrong with my installation or
what change in the configuration?

Just in case you wander, the hardware is an ASUS
PUNDIT P1-AH2 and the mouse a PS/2, CPU is an AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+.

Thanks for your help.

Costa