Re: [Xen-users] vnc servers do not run

Arie Goldfeld wrote:
> I use PVM for my guest domains. Why Xen 3.0.3 does not run vnc in this
> case? To what version should I upgrade?
Well, for 3.0, I don't know, but for 3.1 it is just not compiled in by
default in the distributed binaries.
If you really need VNC in PVM's (which is questionable), you will have
to re-compile from source with the 'XENFB_TOOLS=y' parameter.

If you want to go that path on Debian Etch, here is the list of packages
you will need to be able to compile Xen 3.1:

# Xen runtime dependencies:
apt-get install iproute libncurses5 python python-central zlib1g bridge-utils
libssl0.9.7 \
        libsdl1.2debian libjpeg62

# Development tools:
apt-get install binutils gcc bcc make patch bzip2 file gettext

# Development Libraries:
apt-get install zlib1g-dev python-dev libc6-dev libsdl1.2-dev libvncserver-dev
libjpeg62-dev \
        libncurses5-dev libssl-dev libxml2-dev libcurl3-dev x-dev

# To build documentation (optional):
apt-get install tetex-bin tetex-base tetex-extra transfig gs-common graphviz

--
Phil.