Re: [Xen-users] Networking with DomU(s) with public statis IPs

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 01:08:48PM +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Let's suppose next net/xen topology
>
> ---------
> | Router |
> ----------
> -------------------
> |     Dom0      |
> -------------------
>        |     |
>        |     |            ----------------------------
>        |     ------------| DomU with static public IP |
>        |                  -----------------------------
>        |            ----------------------------
>        ------------| DomU with static public IP |
>                     -----------------------------

This is just one way to do things.
Make sure you read http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

> And other domU with their own static public IP every one.
>
> My doubts are:
>
> * ÂIs it needed a public static IP also for dom0?

If your Dom0 acts as a router, then yes. If you use bridging, then no.

> * When a connection petition (a web page, for example) arives from
> router tu dom0 Âhow does know dom0 what is the correct domU to redirect
> the petition?

If you use bridging, then the bridge (inside dom0) just forwards frames
to domUs. If you use routing, then it's just a simple routing decision.

> I don't know how this scenario should be configured. If there is any
> tuto or manual which explain it I will be very grateful.

Depends on your need really, there are several ways. Make sure you read
the material on the wiki, also googling for 'xen networking' will be
useful.

--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin@xxxxxxxxxx>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown