[Xen-users] xenbr and bad ethernet device names in my virtual machines

I have a centos5 domain0 hosting centos44 fully virtualized hosts. I've created two xenbr devices, 0 and 1 which should correspond to eth0 and eth1 on my virtual machines.

However, when I boot my virtiual machine, eth0 shows up, but eth1 shows up as "dev<number>" where <number> appears to be a process id.

Here is my vif entry:

vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:29:ea:a7, bridge=xenbr0','type=ioemu, mac=00:1
6:3e:29:ea:a8, bridge=xenbr1', ]

I can't reproduce this behavior on demand. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to completely destroy the virtual machine and use nothing (disk, config file, etc) from the old one.