Re: [Xen-users] fc4 domU on rhel5 dom

This does indeed sound like a PAE / non-PAE mismatch.  Any clues in
the /var/log/xen/xend.log file?

RHEL5 and recent Fedora versions support only PAE.  PAE may not have been
supported at the time of FC4's release.  You could check if there's a
PAE-enabled Xen kernel for FC4 by doing a yum search, but I wouldn't hold my
breath.

In this case, the most straightforward way to run FC4 would probably be to use
HVM.  You could still probably install paravirt drivers in order to improve
performance.

Personally, I wish there was a RedHat non-PAE Xen available; as it is I have
to build my own for compatibility with existing guests (and in the case of my
laptop, I have to build non-PAE Xen in order to run at all!).

Hope that helps you somewhat.

Cheers,
Mark

On Thursday 30 August 2007, Budiono wrote:
> Hi all,
> have anyone get success running domU fc4 guest on rhel5 xen domO ?
>
> I always get this error
>
> [root@mis-s155 xen]# xm create -c fc4guest
> Using config file "./fc4guest".
> Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')
> [root@mis-s155 xen]#
>

> config.
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.13-1.1532_FC4xenU"
> memory = 512
> name = "fc4guest"
> disk = [ 'tap:aio:/xenvm/fc4xen.img,sda,w' ]
> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
>
> Thank's
> Budiono

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.