Re: [Xen-users] xen and software raid and some other questions

> I got boot problems using xen-hypervisor-3.0.3-1-i386 and
> xen-linux-system-2.6.18-5-xen-vserver-686. dom0 interrupt the boot process.
>
> It's a amd 64 3200+ maschine and I don't need pae or smp support an etch.
>
> That I've installed:
> apt-get install linux-image-2.6-xen-vserver-686
> xen-hypervisor-3.0.3-1-i386 xen-tools
> xen-linux-system-2.6.18-5-xen-vserver-686 linux-headers-2.6-xen-vserver-686
>

> Questions:
>
> 1. I suppose the xen kernel doesn't support software raid. Right and how
> do I get it?

There's nothing technical stopping the Xenified kernel from using software
RAID; it just needs to be compiled with the right options.  Whether this is
done depends on the distributor of your kernel; but I'd have thought Debian
would compile the appropriate support into their kernel.

Does it not work for you already?

> 2. I don't understand the difference between
> xen-linux-system-2.6.18-5-xen-vserver-686
> and
> xen-linux-system-2.6.18-5-xen-686
> What the difference?

I imagine that one of those adds vserver support as well as Xen...  There are
two projects sometimes called vservers.  One is the "Linux Virtual Server"
project, which virtualises an IP address.  The other is the vservers kernel
virtualisation project.

> 3. Does the software raid works with an other xen kernel version?

It should work with any XenLinux with the appropriate support compiled in.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!