Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. - again after reboot

How can I show all used loop devices on debian?

Frank schrieb:
But why than there are problems with the loop devices with xen if 8 is compiled in. I only unsed 2 img files as loop device and got this error
"Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not
found."
After I added "loop max_loop=64" the error was gone.

 > According to linux-kernelsource/drivers/block/loop.c its the
 > number of loop-devices that can be used with the driver.
 > A default of 8 is compiled in.
 >

 > Christian
Frank schrieb:
I hope I got it now. It seems that it needs somthing like "loop max_loop=64" to /etc/modules to load the loop module to the kernel.

What does "max_loop" mean?

Frank

Frank schrieb:
It's very strange. I thought I had solved the problem with xen and the not starting domU yesterday but now I see the same error as yesterday again only after a reboot an I've changed nothing, only iptables.
I don't have an answer for that behaivior.

server1:/etc/xen# xm create -c xen-etch.cfg
Using config file "xen-etch.cfg".
Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
h966380:/etc/xen# ifconfig
???