[Xen-users] lirc not working in Dom0 (Xen 3.0.4)

I am trying to get lircd configured in Dom0 and have not had any success. I have followed instructions on how to make /dev/ttyS0 available to Dom0 (xencons=ttyS16 in grub), and have succeeded in doing that.  I have tested a serial connection to my UPS and it works fine.

I compiled lirc 0.8.2 and it loads fine, however, when I send an IR command with irsend, nothing happens.

If I reboot the server with the non-Xen kernel, it works fine (of course I recompiled under that kernel as well).  This tells me my lirc configuration is correct.

Any ideas why this would not be working under Dom0?

I tried compiling serial driver support right into the kernel, instead of as a module and got the same result.

I wonder if there is something missing in my kernel configuration or if the hypervisor is doing something that does not allow direct access to the serial port. However, in this case, why does minicom work when connecting to my UPS?

Thanks,

JR