Re: [Xen-users] Serial port on the domU

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "sven waeyenbergh" <sven.waeyenbergh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:15:37 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:16:10 -0700

Dear list,

update on the serial to domU issue:

- confirmed that xen scripts are picking up the ioports and irq statement:
    both are listed in the xend.log in a parseConfig statement (so the scripts at least know about the ioports/irq statements)
    however i cannot find any DevController stanzas in there for the serial ports, i can find such statements for disks, nics, pci cards, ..
    should there be any of those ?

- on the domU i am not sure:
    - /proc/devices does list a ttyS0 device
    - /proc/ioports do not show the transferred io ports
    - /proc/interrupts do not show the transferred irq

i am trying to recompile a debian xen kernel to disable the CONFIG_XEN_DISABLE_SERIAL config setting and see if that helps.
note that dom0 serial access works, even with a kernel were CONFIG_XEN_DISABLE_SERIAL is set. domU does not.

Does anyone know from what version of (opensource) xen the ioports/irq transfer works ?
3.0.3-1-amd64 + 2.6.18-4-amd64 (aka debian etch default) does not seem to work.

Any help really appreciated.

Sven