Re: [Xen-users] network interface and vlans

Hi Janko,
Janko Harej wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've configured dom0 sistem to use vlans. So I have
>
> eth0, vlan2, vlan3
>
> and bridges xenbr0, xenbr2, xenbr3
>
> then I've configured domU to use xenbrX
>
> Problem: everytime I boot domU I get different network interface in domU

Do you have defined fixed mac-Addresses? Otherwise your NIC gets
everytime a new hardware address and your udev especially the Suse ones
get confused.
vif = [ 'mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx,bridge=xx' ]

> Exampe:
>  - first boot - I have eth0 - nonworking and eth2 - working
>  - second boot of same machine - I get eth0 nonworking and eth4 - I
> can configure it to work
>  - third boot of same machine - I get eth0 nonworking and eth5 - I can
> configure it to work
>
> I use SLES 10 SP1 on dom0 and domU.

Ok I see you have Suse.
> I use /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge to create xenbr0 and my script
> to create other bridges
>
> skript is called: create_bridge vlan_number
>
>  bridge="xenbr${bridge}"
>  vlan=$1
>  vlan="vlan${vlan}"
>  echo creating ${bridge}
>  brctl addbr ${bridge}
>  brctl stp ${bridge} off
>  brctl setfd ${bridge} 0
>  brctl addif ${bridge} ${vlan}
>  ip link set ${bridge} up

if you have a fixed mac-address than you can specify an udev rule to
bind the address to an interface:
Add  in /etc/udev/rules.d/30-net_persistent_names.rules:

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{address}=="00:60:dd:47:80:dc",
IMPORT="/lib/udev/rename_netiface %k eth0"

> So my question is - how to configure network interfaces in domU to
> automaticly bring up networking?
>
> Thanks and bye
>
> --
> Janko
Have fun with your "SLES10.1" system ;-). We had a lot of fun with this
excelent piece of software ;-) .

Bye

Stefan