RE: [Xen-users] how to use eth2 instead of eth0 for bridge

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 19:32 -0700, Gary W. Smith wrote:

> > I have a machine that I added a 1GB card to it, and it has onboard
> > eth0/1.  What's the easiest way to tweak Xen to use eth2 for all
> > bridging instead of eth0?
> >
> > Would I just override the line in the vif-common.sh where it says -
> > eth0?
> >

> It looks like it's automatically derived from the interface that holds
> the default gateway, so I guess that it's a mood point to change
> anything.  It should work automatically.
>
> Can someone confirm this?

Usually most just add netdev=ethxx to the line in xend-config.sxp that
calls network-bridge.

>From the file (/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge) :

# Usage:
#
# network-bridge (start|stop|status) {VAR=VAL}*
#
# Vars:
#
# vifnum     Virtual device number to use (default 0). Numbers >=8
#            require the netback driver to have nloopbacks set to a
#            higher value than its default of 8.
# bridge     The bridge to use (default xenbr${vifnum}).
# netdev     The interface to add to the bridge (default eth${vifnum}).
# antispoof  Whether to use iptables to prevent spoofing (default no).

I usually don't use the scripts in /etc/xen/scripts, I let init handle
the bridging on boot, this is because I make a few dummy bridges to use
as 'virtual switches' for my dom-U's to enjoy a private lan and
secondary nic.

My xend-config.sxp calls 'network-dummy' , which is just a script that
exits 0 and does nothing.

--Tim