[Xen-users] Debian domU on Gentoo dom0

Hi,

I am new in the virtualization and xen world and have setup a gentoo
based dom0 system with Xen 3.1 and 2.6.20 kernel successfully. In
addition my server has one nic and a bunch of public ip addresses. The
dom0 has one ip and each domU should get one public ip, too. I use the
route network config of xen.

I have several gentoo domUs running fine, they each have one public ip
and have full access to the internet. Awesome!

Now I try to setup a debian domU. The first test system boots fine with
the same kernel which is used by the gentoo domUs.

The only problem here is the network configuration since on boot the
configuration of eth0 fails:

Debian boot message:
-----------------------
Setting up networking...done.
Configuring network interfaces...SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
Failed to bring up eth0.
done.
------------------------

Gentoo domU /etc/conf.d/net (works well)
--------------------
config_eth0=( "78.47.*.210 broadcast 78.255.255.255 netmask
255.255.255.255" )

routes_eth0=( "213.239.*.45" )

postup() {
   route add default gw 213.239.*.45
}

Debian domU /etc/network/interfaces (does not work)
--------------------
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 78.47.*.213
broadcast 78.255.255.255
netmask 255.255.255.255
gateway 213.239.*.45

213.239.*.45 is the ip of dom0 and I guess it should be the gateway of
my domUs.
The ip range I can use for my domUs is 78.47.*.210 - 78.47.*.215

Maybe someone had a similar problem or just knows some advice for my
situation.

Thank You in advance,
Jens