Re: [Xen-users] Network stall

Boudreau Luc schrieb:
> I share a file via any protocol on any domU. The file has to be of a big
> enough size so that the upload takes a while. 1 gig usually does the
> trick. Then, I logon to another machine (physical machine, that is…),
> and start retreiving it from the domU instance. After some random number
> of seconds, the network stalls, the link goes down, and the packets
> start beeing dropped.

Try to disable TCP checksum in every domU for every interface that connects
to the bridge.

Inside the domU's: ethtool -K eth0 tx off

I dont' know this for CentOS, but on debian-like systems the perfect place is
/etc/network/interfaces .

As an example:

iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.5
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.1.1
        post-up ethtool -K eth0 tx off

You could try this via console first and watch if your network performs better.

Stephan