Re: [Xen-users] domU on shared storage

Hi,

Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sebastian Reitenbach schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a shared disk presented to two hosts. A domU is living on it.
> > Do I can safely pause the domU on one host, and then start/resume it on
the
> > other one? Would that work somehow, or would that trash the filesystem
of
> > the domU?
>
> It should work flawlessly.
>
> Moreover, you don't need to pause the domU, you can use (live) migration
> to move the domU between the hosts.

Thank you all for your input. The disks are raw devices, the domU is
directly installed onto it, not in a file on a filesystem on that device.

The reason why I am aksing is, I want to use virtual Xen nodes in a Cluster,
and I want to know when on one node the virtual domain is paused, and I
start the same domain on a different host, whether it will trash my
filesystem for that node, or whether I can do that without damage?
It's about how I will treat a paused virtual domain in the cluster, either
as running or as stopped.

kind regards
Sebastian